Use MMS provider service desks to boost your enterprise mobility and BYOD initiatives
Service desks play an intricate role in a company on a day-to-day basis. Providing your employees with the best help desk services from your managed mobility services (MMS) provider can lessen internal issues and improve employee productivity.
Here are some considerations for your mobility provider’s service desk:
Solution provider service desks and your employees
TechTarget notes that because of their mobility expertise, your users can come to your provider’s service desk for a full range of support services, including mobile device acquisition, provisioning and end-of-life services for smartphones, tablets and ruggedized devices.
Your provider will escalate user issues and requests as necessary to the appropriate service tier, such as the following:
- Tier 0 for self-service web portals
- Tier 1 with a 24/7, 365-day service desk for how to questions and issue resolution
- Tier 2 with escalated support beyond the skills and expertise of Tier 1
- Tier 3 acting as an escalation point for Tier 2 issues
The help desk should provide your company with weekly or monthly reporting about help desk issues, resolutions and trends. Such reporting is one way to ensure your MMS provider is meeting your service-level agreement. Like with any other managed services provider, details of the reporting and SLA are standard parts of the contract negotiations. The help desk can also play an integral role in the development and management of your BYOD policies, so don’t forget to invite team members to your corporate BYOD initiative.
Enterprise mobility — let alone mobile security — is challenging to track for many people. Your provider’s help desk can serve as a direct liaison between your mobile carrier and your users. The VAR Guy notes your provider can assist with the billing issues that can occur when your company is running a growing number of devices that suck down data and minutes, not to mention roaming. MMS provider expertise also extends to putting in the tools and processes to manage your mobile expenses to reduce billing issues.
Benefits of MMS provider help desk services
The following are some benefits of using an MMS provider:
- Access to mobile security expertise the average company can’t bring in-house because of fluctuating workloads, budget constraints or the tight market for mobile security expertise
- Insights into enterprise mobility and BYOD best practices
- Wireless network troubleshooting
- Hardware troubleshooting and lost or stolen device assistance
- Knowledge base of help content often available through a self-service portal for users
- Incident support coordination with enterprise mobility management and other security providers
- Automation of mobile operating system and app updates
Ultimately, the MMS provider service desk plays a major role in enterprise mobility and BYOD because it’s on the front line, serving users through all facets of the enterprise mobility life.