Create a secure and productive BYOD policy today
Mobile devices have become our personal digital assistants for everything from communication and travel to shopping and education. Not surprisingly, 83 percent of users consider their personal mobile devices more important than their morning cup of coffee. It was only natural that such helpful tools would make their way into work life, and, with that, bring your own device (BYOD) was born.
Your employees are most likely using their personal mobile devices for work purposes whether you have an official BYOD policy or not. That’s great because it means your employees have an amazing work ethic—but also not great because, without a BYOD policy in place, your network and corporate data are at risk.
So, the question is: do you have guidelines in place that allow employees to use their own devices and ensure your digital environment protects corporate data?
That’s where a BYOD policy comes in. Before rolling out any new guidelines, you need to acquaint yourself with the rules that go into making a productive, safe and secure mobile environment.
These rules include:
- Create your policy before you procure technology
- Find the devices that are accessing corporate resources
- Make enrollment simple
- Configure your devices over-the-air
- Help your users help themselves
- Keep personal information private
- Keep personal information separate from corporate data
- Manage data usage
- Continually monitor devices for non-compliance
- Enjoy that sweet ROI you’ll be seeing from your BYOD policy
Find out more about BYOD by checking out the top providers of managed mobility services.