Enterprise transformation: Why flexibility is crucial to your company staying competitive
So much for “business as usual.” Enterprise transformation and change management are now among the most pressing topics for organizations operating in today’s fast-moving, hugely disruptive commercial world. If you’re still doing things the way they’ve always been done, take note — chances are, they’re no longer still the best way to be doing things. Competitors who are increasingly becoming attuned to fast-evolving commercial landscapes may have already figured this out.
Flexibility and agility have become crucial attributes to strive for in 2017 and beyond. This is doubly so for firms operating in a connected economy, where relationships and connections often serve as key differentiators and numerous alternative products or services may be just a single click or call away. Many organizations can now take new business ventures from concept to execution in just 30 to 90 days because they’ve identified this flexibility as a vital feature.
Are you hoping to keep your organization relevant and stay ahead of the curve? Putting a greater focus on enterprise transformation going forward is a must for senior leaders, especially for those who find themselves in industries that are increasingly doing business in a mobile landscape. That’s because today’s executives and enterprises operate in a world where there are no more predictable day-to-day patterns in business, and continuous change is the new normal. In this type of topsy-turvy market environment, uncertainty is just about the only thing you can anticipate with certainty, and unpredictability is the only thing you can predict.
Noting this, finding ways to structure organizations and organizational processes to be more flexible will only become a more pressing concern in the months ahead. Likewise, enterprises that are most successful at adapting to change are more capable of weathering market disruptions than their less-prepared rivals. The more you plan for enterprise transformation and work to guard against unforeseen events, the more successful you’ll be at future-proofing your business. How do you do this? By putting platforms and systems in place that can help give your enterprise all the tools and insights it needs to successfully adapt before these disruptions hit.
Preparing for enterprise transformation
Here are just a few ways many market leaders are enabling enterprise transformation and speeding organizational resilience:
- Creating initiatives that allow employees to speak up and share ideas when new opportunities and challenges present themselves and collaborate to quickly develop more responsive solutions.
- Building business infrastructure in such a way that it can become an enabler to innovation, not a barrier, and allowing employees from every department to rapidly train their sights on collective goals or refocus efforts as needed.
- Offering cloud-based apps, tools and forums that invite internal and external contributors to contribute toward developing new solutions to meet changing market needs.
- Using flexible software and service solutions, as well as flexible delivery models, to help deploy resources as needed on-demand to more effectively support changing initiatives.
- Making change management a priority at the highest levels and putting a focus on fueling innovation through the creation of internal startups, cross-functional development teams and design contests.
Enterprise transformation is a pressing subject for several reasons, with one of the most important being ensuring your business stays competitive and takes the time to sow the seeds for future success. In addition, more and more enterprises will only need to transform themselves faster and to greater extents than ever before as industries transition toward a connected economy. Clearly, staying on top of change management and making a point to continuously innovate will be crucial for any modern organization looking to keep up with quickly evolving times and trends in the years ahead.
Long story short, the more flexible you enable your enterprise to be, the more competitive it will be going forward. A few smart investments in future-proofing today can make all the difference tomorrow.